Set up a conference call
- Create a Conference Calling account if you don’t have one
- Select appropriate dial-in numbers for your callers
- Pick a date and time for your conference
- Send your dial-in number, conference code, date & time to your callers (via email, calendar invite, or instant message)
- Dial in to your conference at the appointed time
- Start your conference!
It’s quite simple to set up a conference call. Follow these 6 easy steps and you’ll be hosting a call in no time!
1. Create a Conference Calling account if you don’t have one
Start with a 14-day free trial. Then, once your trial ends, choose the right calling plan for your needs. We offer affordable plans for individuals to enterprise-level corporations.
2. Select appropriate dial-in numbers for your callers
Are you hosting a toll or toll-free call? (Learn the difference) If it’s a toll-free call, you can give your toll-free number to all your callers and they will be able to connect from wherever they are at no cost to them.
If hosting a toll conference call, you can either select a local number near your business to give to everyone or distribute local numbers for each area your callers are joining from. Please note that many calling plans now include unlimited long distance calling, so most of our customers choose to use one dial-in number for each caller in the U.S.
Read on for tips on hosting international callers.
3. Pick a date and time for your conference
Decide when to host your conference. Our service is reservationless, which means that you don’t need to schedule a call with us. You can call into your conference line anytime.
4. Send your dial-in number, conference code, date & time to your callers (via email, calendar invite, or instant message)
Your callers will need your dial-in number (the phone number to reach your conference), your unique conference code, and of course the date and time they should call in.
You can copy & paste your dial-in information from your admin console and send it manually via email or instant message. You can also send calendar invitations directly from Outlook or Google Calendar with your information pre-populated.
5. Dial in to your conference at the appointed time
Dial into your conference at the appointed time. Enter your conference code and host code to open the conference. Your callers will be placed into a waiting room if they dial in before you do.
6. Start your conference!
After you’ve entered your host code, your conference has begun! For presentation tips and conference scripts, visit How to Run a Conference Call Like a Seasoned Pro.